As a member of the Missouri State University community, you may have access to iTunes U in accordance with a University contract. You are responsible for making sure that you are not causing the University to violate its agreement with Apple by uploading unsuitable content to the iTunes U site.
By posting content, you certify that you have complied with all University policies and accept responsibility for such content. Ensure that your content follows the Copyright, Licensing and Trademark Guidelines.
From the Missouri State University/Apple agreement
3. SPECIAL TERMS
3.1 Uploading of Content to the iTunes U Site.
University shall be responsible for uploading Content to the iTunes U Site and for obtaining ail necessary third party permissions or licenses for uploading the Content to the extent University does not own the Content in question.
5. REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES: WARRANTY DISCLAIMER
5.1 Representations and Warranties.
University represents and warrants that: (i) it has the full power and authority to enter into this Agreement and to grant Apple fee rights granted herein; (ii) it has complied and shall continue to comply with ail legislation, rules and regulations regarding Content; and (iii) it will use secure methods to grant access to Private Content according to Section 1.7, where such methods are no less secure than the methods University typically uses to protect its own highly confidential data, and in any event no less secure than methods generally accepted and reasonably used in the field of higher education to protect highly confidential data. University further represents and warrants that to the best of its knowledge: (i) it is the sole owner of the Content or has been otherwise authorized by the owner of the Content to use the Content as contemplated herein, and has secured all necessary licenses, consents and authorizations with respect to use of Content and all elements thereof to the full extent contemplated herein; and (ii) no part of Content violates or infringes upon the patent rights, copyrights, trade secrets, trademarks or constitutes defamation, invasion of privacy, or the violation of any right of publicity or other rights of any person or entity.
Fair use and the TEACH Act
Content on iTunes U can be downloaded and copied and is therefore not covered under the TEACH Act or fair use.
If you can answer "Yes" to the following questions, your materials should be suitable for iTunes U:
- The material is currently hosted by you or your department on a Missouri State University public website.
- All content, including any music, graphics or other media, is original work created by Missouri State faculty, staff or students who have given written permission for such use.
- If the intellectual property of others is included, you have the appropriate written licenses or written permission from all copyright owners, including guest speakers on file.
- The material is not offensive, libelous or otherwise in violation of Missouri State’s Acceptable Use Policy.